Keep your clothes dryer operating in tip top shape.
Aside from cleaning out any melted crayons or other items that can coat the inside of your dryer’s drum, there are a few other places to keep in mind.
If your dryer doesn’t seem to dry as well, it may be a simple fix.
The most likely culprit is your dryer exhaust hose. In most cases either your hose is plugged or you have lint and other debris backed up into your dryer exhaust, or both. To fix this problem…
- Get a small garbage can or plastic bag.
- Wait for your dryer to cool.
- Unplug your dryer.
- Move it away from the wall.
- Unclamp the dryer hose in the back and pull off the dryer hose.
- Shake the hose into the trash can or bag (this may be very dusty!) until you are sure there is no blockage.
- Using a narrow diameter brush or a similar tool, try cleaning out any visible debris from inside the dryer exhaust.
- Re-attach the hose, check that it is tight, replace the dryer, and do a test load.
Basic maintenance such as this will prolong the life of your dryer and make it last longer.
Read more Dryer Maintenance