Going away on vacation? kinda nervous about leaving because you always forget things? Here is a easy list:
- Arrange for someone to check on the house while you are away.
- Alert a neighbor that you trust that you’ll be away so they can be on the lookout for suspicious activity.
- Set timers on lights or TV so it appears that someone is home.
- Lock doors, windows, garages and sheds and set any alarms that you have. Don’t leave hidden keys outside.
- Stop delivery of your mail and newspapers or arrange for a neighbor or friend to pick them up.
- turn off water valves on external hoses and the washing machine, especially if the hoses are old.
- Unplug small kitchen appliances, especially the toaster and coffeemaker.
- Check the thermostat and check the weather forcast and adjust accordingly to conserve energy
- Plan to eat any food before you go that will perish while you are gone
- If you have a trusted neighbor leave them your cell number and the phone number of where you’ll be incase they need to contact you.
We always make a list in advance of all the things we need to do and set it by the door and check it the day before so we can set the times and lock everything up. As we get ready to leave we check the list again to make sure everything has been taken care of. This gives us peace of mind that we did not forget anything. Have a happy vacation!